In NBW we would like to give people the possibility of tasting and knowing natural wines selected according to this charter.
We are aware that the road to natural wine production is a path that everyone follows in different times and ways, giving priority to different aspects of the work.
Natural Born Wines is dedicated to those who have already made an important piece of road having chosen to put into practice this charter of principles every day.
Work in the vineyard
- organic or biodynamic agriculture also self-certified
- hand harvest
Work in the cellar
- prevalent use of own grapes, the possible purchase is less than 30% and the grapes come from organic or biodynamic vineyards of the same territory
- fermentations take place exclusively with indigenous yeasts, the use of selected yeasts or bacteria is excluded
- the use of invasive physical and chemical practices is excluded, favoring the use of gravity and machinery that respect the integrity of the grape-wine transformation process as much as possible
- throughout the vinification process, in addition to grapes, no ingredient, additive or adjuvant is used, except for sulfur dioxide in case of need and in the smallest possible quantity
- except for exceptions that must be justified, the total sulfur dioxide in all the wines of the company does not exceed 50 mg / lt